Sunday, May 25, 2008

I love long weekends.

I love long four day weekends. I love them partially because they end and the kids continue their routines in school. I am nervous about summer because I love a good routine and that goes out the window. My mom took the kids for three days and that us always wonderful for me and let me say I think the kids need a break from me sometimes too.

For the first time since I started taking pictures of the kids I took pictures of people I had never met. It was a scary, exciting, nerve racking experience for me. Of course the family was wonderful, but I lost a little of my confidence I thought the pictures turned out really good but just a little nervous about them. So I grabbed my favorite guinea pig family to recover some of my mojo. I have to say that I love some of these pictures so much that I might frame them and hang them in my own home. This is my favorite.




I have to say the Kitners are so much fun to take pictures of. They did anything I asked. Even when I asked Kyle to sit there while Barb crawled up to him like a cat. Barb goes "I don't know what you mean, you show me." You should have seen the look on his face when he thought I was going to crawl up onto his lap. Priceless. This one of Gracie is just one of my favorites too.


I am just having so much fun creating things. I am excited to get up in the morning and try something new. I wish I would have done this a lot earlier in life. No regrets though.

11 comments:

Memzy said...

Gorgeous, as always. I wanna see the "crawl up in the lap" picture.

GustoBones said...

What a blessing to have your parents close and that your mom takes your kids for extended periods. Oh how great that would be!! Gorgeous pictures. I wanna see the "cat" picture too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Unknown said...

I'm sure that was nerve racking for you but I'm sure you did a fantastic job...these pictures are wonderful. Now you'll have even more confidence next time you are asked to do it for strangers! And that's hilarious about the cat thing...wish we could've seen his face!

Unknown said...

mojo!!! You are awesome!! I can't wait for my family pictures, I can only hope that the five of us can look as good as the family that you posted! I love watching you grow in photography and seeing you challenge yourself.....I hope someday soon, you will see in yourself what we all see in you.

Barb said...

Thanks for doing these! We had a blast doing them--even Kyle :) They turned out great. Can't wait to get some of them framed!

Kristin said...

Can you fly here and take my family picture? Just checking...

Kimberly Scott said...

the one of gracie is my fave! i hope you are finding your stride now:) its so fun to settle into "being" a photographer for real.....and not for pretend:) hehe

ps- you need to change my link on your page!

and i will say i went back and counted.....i have commented double on your blog:) not that im keeping score:)

Unknown said...

Very Nice! So what are your rates?? ;)

heidi said...

fantastic pictures.

i just found out about your blog from torrie, here in bakersfield. my name is heidi andersen, but you know my husband Sam. He and Daniel are flying friends and Sam has told me of the times when he got to babysit your children when you all lived in Utah before Sam and I ever met.

our blog: www.ourwalktoremember.wordpress.com

Kimberly Scott said...

um hello...this is you blog speaking....i miss you. please update me:)

Memzy said...

Hey I think i finally figured out that flickr thing. So, I posted a few on my blog. Let me know what you think. My birthday is coming up this week and I'm crossing my fingers I got my new lens I asked for!