Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The day finally came!!!



This day will go down in Dekock history. I cannot tell you how many times I have taken my children to participate in sport teams. Each and every time praying that my children won't bring the whole team down with them. One time I was almost embarrassed enough to leave. You name we have tried it. Volleyball, soccer, basketball anything and everything. But today, today we were triumphant.


CARSON CAN ACTUALLY PLAY BASEBALL!!! I deserve to be able to say without a shred of humility that he was the best on the team. The man behind me said "wow." About my kid. I had to go around the corner and whisper in the phone to Daniel "he whips everyone's butts babe!" First time in the history of our marriage I have been proud of a Dekock in a sporting event. So I had to take his picture and put it up. Don't worry my other kids don't read my blog and by the time they want to when they are grown and reading through my journals, they will have already had the therapy needed to deal with this.


Anyway this day ranks up there. Just thought I would share.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to have your day and Carson is doing well with baseball. Don't forget to check the email and phone messages! LOL

Becky Jean said...

Sweet! I love baseball players!! I expect tickets to the World Series in 15 years. ;-)

Memzy said...

"by the time they want to when they are grown and reading through my journals, they will have already had the therapy needed to deal with this."<-- you are hysterical!!

Unknown said...

I'm smelling a college scholarship...
Shel

Gwennie said...

Jessica- Hello its me Gwen...Melissa's friend from Maine (though we live in Utah now) anyway I wanted to say how much I love your site..you are so talented..I esp love your musical tastes and go to you site to listen to your music and much to my surprise (and horror) today it was GONE..am I doing something wrong or have you taken it off?? Hope all is well with you and Daniel and your beautiful family..take care and hope to hear from you soon -Gwen Owen Hendry PS I am remarried and pregers again :) eggo3.1@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Jess,

You are too funny! That is SO great about Carson. Way to go!! I can just imagine you over there whispering to Daniel on the phone secretly jumping up and down elated!!! LOL

Hey, I'm giving Heidi Anderson a hair cut today. I don't know if she realizes who I am yet. Do you remember her? Daniel trained her husband in SLC he is now our 2nd councilor. We had some ward boundary changes.

Amy said...

You crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!