Sunday, August 17, 2008

What I am craving!

I have to say I am just a little bit dizzy with excitement that school is starting. I am not that excited that my kids will be leaving but just all the things that begin with school starts like routines. I am craving them. Cannot get enough. I want to get up in the morning and have something structured to do. Maybe then I can get back into excercising. I am craving that also. Done with camp, done with vacations, done with ignoring diner.




This morning I got up at 5:30 to make sure that I was ready on time for church. Can you believe that I was still really late. I really do not want my kids to think that we just do not go to that part of church. I want to get my spirituality where it needs to be. I am craving it. So I thought as long as I am late I can stop and take some back to school pictures of some of the kids that were willing to participate. I have to say that Soren looks particularly dashing.









I have to say that I am so into the olympics. Michael Phelps is so amazing. Not ashamed to say that I have a little crush. Not enough to stalk him which I have been known to do, but enough to say that the races do not last long enough. I hope to be an olympic swimmer. That one lady was 41--it is never to late to begin a dream. Daniel had to laugh at that one. I told him I had swimming lessons when I was young it should not take me that long to get back into the groove.


I am craving hanging and talking with friends and having quiet moments. I should be getting plenty of those. Until next time...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OK< so is it the spectacular photography or are your kids actually the most beautiful kids in the world? That's not fair. I can't believe how grown up they look! When does school start? We still have 2 1/2 weeks...

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Hi, I am not sure exactly how I got connected with your blog, but I love your outlook on life, and your photographs inspire me. I am in the market for a new camera, could I be bold and ask what camera you have. It is probably the operator and not the equiptment, but maybe having the right equiptment couldn' possible hurt.

Memzy said...

Soren is an absolute heart throb!! Put that kid (and his mom's pictures!) in a magazine! And Carly is all grown up. How does that happen?

Kristin said...

I love the pics. How old are your kids these days anyway? Yay for schoo starting, I'm glad for the stucture and for the kids to leave...is that bad.

Barb said...

Love the Soren pictures even more than I did yesterday! He is such a little GQ model! I hear you about getting back into routines--you know how I love them :) Only a few more day!

Unknown said...

Jess,

I love the pictures you took, and I agree if you are late, you should take advantage of the time you have with your kids. I hope to spend some quality time with you this winter and get my life in oder with Christ and friends.....oh did I say friends, do I have any of those? LOL

Love you as a neighbor.

Kimberly Scott said...

im craving a visit from you...

one where we go and take photos all day...and learn our cameras...and laugh at people, no sorry, just laugh:)

miss you!

The Carlisle's said...

I love my kids, but i will love them better when they are in school most of the day and not bickering with one another. Your pictures look great. What time does your church start that you had to get up at 5:30 to go?

Unknown said...

Jess you crack me up!! School started for us yesterday and HALALJIAH (crud how do you spell that) anyway I agree completely on everything you said. Holy cow and when did Soren become a young man, he's not a little boy any more. That makes me kind of sad.
He is very dashing!!

Melissa said...

My little peanut is so grown up. It kills me. It really does!!! Amazing photos and I'm with Paula, what time does your church start? Ya still mormon?? j/k Thank goodness for Sunday naps!