Sunday, October 5, 2008

What fun I had!!




I spent this weekend with my oldest and dearest friends from highschool. Christy and I have been friends since the fifth grade. So over 20 years. I cannot believe it. We had so much to catch up and so much to talk about. Some of us have not seen each other in over two years. This is what I felt like most of the time. So much laughter it hurt.







When I am with these girls I feel like I am home. My friend Amy's hands are so familiar. When you touch them memories come flooding back and her smile lights up the entire room. She is the coolest mom and no one can make me laugh like she can.




Christy has beautiful optimism that makes you want to try harder to be a better person. She is so willing to try new things (except for a pony tail with a double headband). I love the person she is and how she has so much inner strength.


My life with Shelley has had so much laughter and so many tears. I have felt so much for her that sometimes I have crossed the line. I love you Shelley more than you will ever know.


Thank you girls for a terrific weekend and thank you for letting me take your pictures. That makes my day. I am grateful for our friendship and will try harder to pick up the phone and make a connection.

9 comments:

Team Routt said...

Wow. You did so good with that 24 hour time limit. You also made me cry, I am not sure if it was from the absolute tiredness my eyes feel or I have no more laughs left in me so the next best thing to laughing is crying. Thank you for being my friend. I love you! This was a trip I will hold dear to my heart forever. Gaaa..

Unknown said...

YEA!!! Good job with the deadline, girl! You almost made ME cry, too! I see you saved me for last; the best for last, right?! ;-)
Excellent photos, by the way. Great job with the catch light!

Memzy said...

Soo cute. Girls weekends are the BEST.

Unknown said...

p.s. THANK YOU for making me look SO pretty!--Shel

Barb said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful ladies! Glad you had such a great time with your friends!

Team Routt said...

Shell, I thought it was the favorite comes first!

Unknown said...

It is so nice to have friends like that! Glad you had such a great time with them.

Becky Jean said...

The girls look so fabulous!! I especially LOVED the picture of Shelley! Sounds like so much fun... I even miss them. :-)

GustoBones said...

What a great weekend. So nice to have friends that you know so well and they know you so well back! They are treasures! Glad you had a good time.