Thursday, February 19, 2009

my word for the year!!

So my friend Becky inspired me to pick a word for the year and here goes!




So I picked gratitude because it seems to fit me this year. I have been very introspective lately and have definitely realized what is most important. My kids definitely make me grateful everyday. Lately in our house we have had to have a continue flow of apples because Jaden says it makes his heart feel better. Carson is always making me laugh by his endless energy!




I am grateful for my sweet daughter. She keeps the boys in line and never ceases to amaze me with her willingness to spend the day just with the boys.

So that is my word. I hope I can always remember the important things so the stupid things don't seem so big.

12 comments:

Memzy said...

Stunning. Since when did Carlee become a teenager?

Memzy said...

I can't remember how to spell Carly.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! I think my word would need to be survive!!

heidi said...

gratitude is something i could use some work on, thanks!

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics! I think my word will be: BREATHE!
Sometimes I feel like I'm on one of those merry-go-rounds at the playground and it keeps spinning and spinning and I can't slow it down to get off...can't catch my breath!

Barb said...

Wow...these are gorgeous pictures!

cathy said...

Nice pick for word of the year. I'll try and think of one, too.

Unknown said...

I completely agree. Gratitude is a great word, I too need to be more grateful. I will be REALLY grateful when our house sells. LOL Love the picture of Carly and her cute finger nails, very beautiful girl.

MGF said...

Such a great word for the year.

The kids eyes are so bright.

Unknown said...

Ok, I know this comment does not go with this exact post, but love the new change for your heading.

GustoBones said...

Your kids are so cute!!! Gratitude is so important especially with what is going on with the economy and such. I try to remember to be grateful for the things I have instead of kvetching about those things I don't.

michelle said...

Jessica!!

You're kids are so cute! Lee still talks about Soren every now and then, although he doesn't always remember his name, and then he says, "oh yea". But he remembers the dinosaurs he used to borrow! (if you can believe it, he's still into dinosaurs!)
We are getting ready to move-we've way outgrown this house. We sold before a permanent house situation was made, so we'll be staying in Jake's grandmother's basement until we work things out.
By the way, you'd be proud of me. I lost 50 pounds and have kept off for over a year so far! I feel so much better. Thanks for starting that diet group; it's what gave me the inspiration to really go for it. So, you should be proud of yourself as well- you helped change a life for the better! Thank you!
Hope you and your family are doing well- just wanted to say hi. Please tell Daniel we said hello.

Michelle Colton
mymichellemc@oasisbb.net