Sunday, January 10, 2010

My dear sweet first born!

So it was 9 degrees today and today was the day that I decided that I wanted to take Carly's twelve year old pictures. I just got lost this year taking a lot of other pictures so I did not want another day to go by and not take hers. After looking at these pictures I don't think that I have really looked at her in a long time.


I put a little makeup on her and that just made her the happiest girl on the planet. I guess I had forgotten how long her lashes were. Just gorgeous! With all the day to day things to do I forgot what she really looked like. I have forgotten to tell her how amazing she is in the midst of wanting her to keep her room clean. How do you change that? How do you remember to look at her the way that God looks at her.


I feel like I have learned what beauty is from somebody else. Beauty is everywhere! Everyone says "Just be who you are" I think Carly has learned that but I am almost 40 years old and I have still not gotten it. I want to surround myself with that kind of honesty.


She really has no problem with who she is. She will wear things and I will think "are you crazy" but she will tell me she doesn't care and she likes it so that is all that matters.
I want to look at her everyday like I did today! I hope that I can hold on to that.














2 comments:

Carianne said...

WOW!!! She is so beautiful! My 2nd child Alyssa is that same way. Totally happy with who she is. I wish I was a little more like her. STill waiting for photos of you in them. :o)

Unknown said...

Awesome