Sunday, February 24, 2008

wow what a find

I cannot believe how much fun I am having taking pictures. Found out tonight that I have a fabulous lens. I will show you some of the pictures that it took. I feel lighter and more original than I have in years. The kids get into it and I really believe that I am creating memories for them too. They will see their mom as someone who enjoyed life and couldn't wait to get up in the morning. So one of my favorite songs is SOBER by Kelly Clarkson. Now I am not a recovering anything but I feel the words fit me.

Nothings real until you let go completely
So here I go with all my thoughts I've been saving. So here I go with all my fears weighing on me.

All the things that have been holding me back for some many years seem so small. I need to just let go and live from the inside out.








All these pictures were taken in a couple of hours from just the things around my newly created studio. I am now a firm believer in take a hundred pictures of just everything. My friend kim is also a wonderful inspiration. Thank you Kim.

Also here are some of the canvas art I have been doing lately. Let me tell you it is a nice creative outlet because it does not cost a lot of money.

6 comments:

cathy said...

Hey Jess those are some great pictures. I'm so pleased that you've discovered such a passion for photography, and your canvases are really nice as well.

Unknown said...

JESS, Holy Cow, those photo's are AWESOME!!! What kind of camera do you have? Love the canvas' too, are they painted?

Unknown said...

Cool pictures!!!!!!! I'm with Torrie, what medium did you use for the canvas'? They're awesome! Don't you wish I was around so you could take pictures of MY long toes?--Shelley

Kimberly Scott said...

i had the best night last night...i can't believe that lense is that super. can't wait for you to get the 50mm!!

you can pay for it with all the money you will be making on those canvases!!:)

GustoBones said...

I love it all!!! You have got such talent. You must have a great camera. I want a Nikon D40, but since I rarely take pictures period, I can't convince Scott that it would be worth it.

Becky Jean said...

Holy crap..... I am asking for a better camera for graduation because my pictures suck compared to yours! These are beautiful!
Okay, I'll update soon.
Love ya.