Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not so much fun!!

I am not so much fun today. I feel like I let the kids down to day. Bought Easter treats for Carson's class, drove to school, ordered some vinyl, jumped on the trampoline, pushed on the swing, did some Easter Egg dying, gave a Easter lesson, drove to drama, gave baths and worked on some pictures. But some days it feels like it is never enough. Ate too many chocolate covered raisins, drank too much diet coke, even had a doughnut. Nothing makes you feel better about yourself than over eating.
I did have some fun yesterday when I was babysitting and I decided to take some pictures of Jaden's friend Gracie. Had to feed her jelly beans for every picture and by the end she kept telling me it was not her birthday. (Her mother explained that comment later) But I thought they turned out nice and it is always fun to see what you can create with your camera, a cute child and photoshop.


I also bought some presets off the internet today and thought I could figure out how to use them and an hour and a half later realized that I did not know how to use them. I am very glad that I am taking a photo shop class in April. Also found a new site that I love because they really combine all the elements of photography that I love and the people there love to share their photos. http://pinkinkstudios.com/blog/

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Cute! Use bribery whenever possible. I just told Sheridan, "I could be taking pictures like this too, but NO my husband decides to go and spend hundreds of $$'s on beef instead. Oh, and thousands on his Saddle, that he will use once a year.(I really am glad that he is getting it though, he is full filling a dream of his, so how can I say no) So sorry I totally didn't mean to turn this into all about poor me. Keep the pictures coming Jess, you have a GREAT eye!

Unknown said...

Wow, looks like you did a LOT to me! And I think you sound like a LOT of fun! My mom never did any of those things with me so you're kids must think you're a lot of fun. Don't worry about the extra doughnut. Sometimes we need those...and tomorrow is another day! Gracie is adorable and your pictures are terrific of course!--Shelley

Melissa said...

Happy Easter busy girl!! Your pictures are so amazing. I love them. Post more!

Lawyer Mama said...

That montage is just sooo adorable!

Photoshop is conquerable, I promise! The more you use it, the more you'll learn.

YOu asked about my presets and actions. I've gotten some from Michelle Black and Nichole Van. Shoot me an email and I'll send you some links! I also have an action I created in Photoshop that I can break down for you in Elements. I started doing it in Elements & it's pretty easy.

Kristin said...

You are incredible, and sound an awful lot like superwoman. My kids would be jealous of your kids. What a fun mom!

Amy said...

Sounds like another day in the life of a mommy! I think you should treat yourself to another doughnut (make sure it is creamfilled!). I love all your pictures.

Kimberly Scott said...

okay finally...so dang i dont know why you feel like you let anyone down. seems like you should have done more for yourself. i know you were waiting for me to comment before you posted again... how sweet...so now you can start again:) jk

Kimberly Scott said...

ps-love the pics