Sunday, April 27, 2008

This week

Flowers are killing me!!





This week is all about flowers. I have tried to take pictures of flowers and it has not turned out well. I take much better pictures of people so in all my flower pictures are little pieces of people. I just can't get into it. I think they are lovely and some of them will be gone soon but I just can't seem to capture them well.





I have also tried different textures on my pictures and some of them I like and some of them I do not like so much. I love this one of Soren though he looks so pretty. He loves it when I say that.






Today Carson said "Dad is going to turn 100 and then go live with Jesus and I will really miss him. I said hopefully you will have a family of your own so it won't be so bad and he said he wanted to live with me forever." Then five minutes later he said he wanted to live with grandma if our house burned down. What a fickle child. The things that come out of his mouth. Lately the only way we can get him to do anything is to tell him it is the way of the Jedi.

Well I finally got my mantle the way that I wanted it. With a little help from one of Kim's designs I really like it.


12 comments:

cathy said...

Hey Jess, nice mantle. That sounds vaguely suggestive...

GustoBones said...

Your mantle looks great! Your story about what Carson said this week made me laugh. I can just picture you guys telling him things are the "way of the Jedi" to get him to do things. That's funny.

Unknown said...

May the force be with you!

Becky Jean said...

I do love that pic of Soren. And now I have a new mantra - thanks to Carson.

Melissa said...

Hellooooo, of course the Jedi way is the only way!!! I love the mantle. It soothes me. Great job!

Kimberly Scott said...

okay...i realized what it is... i get so excited that i THINK i leave a comment...*sigh* i thought i left one yesterday too:) but alas, here i am...love the pics as always...but the mantle is my favorite! and not because of my pic:) you know i love some blues jars and wheat:)

Kimberly Scott said...

ps- i meant sticks...not wheat:)

Organized Chaos said...

Yes, my favorite kind of sticks. Pussywillows. I have a hard time even writing it.

Unknown said...

I love it! Cole is into Star Wars right now to, we just recorded all 6 off the T.V. over that last couple of weeks. I do love filter over the feet and flowers.

Unknown said...

Your photos are beautiful.

Memzy said...

Jessica,
You probably don't remember me. I was in your ward back here in Bakersfield. long story longer,...I sometimes blog-hop and I fell upon yours. I have been interested in photography for a long time and am just now finding the time to set up taking a class. Your photography is AMAZING. The best I've seen online (and a lot of women seem to be interested in photography). So, I was wondering what kind of camera you have? Mine is a digital SLR. I figure that should be enough if I am just starting out. Do you have any input? By the way, your kids have grown so much! I love your blog site. Catch up with you soon.
-Emily Waite

~Melissa Mullinax said...

I love it! That shade of blue is my absolute favorite. Can you tell me where you found your mason jars in that blue? Thank you!

~M