Monday, October 13, 2008

My progress!

Okay so today I went for a jog. I only had one diet coke. I figured I was drinking about four a day! Can you believe that. My head has hurt so much when I went cold turkey that I thought I would cuss. I am so addicted! So I am going to go even slower. So pathetic! I am thinking about exercising maybe another time this week. No pressure for myself--just thinking. Baby steps! You can't change all in one day.



This weekend I took pictures of the funnest people. I have said before that I love taking pictures of teenagers. This time it was boys so it had to be a little different look. Let me tell you that I am definitely not cool any longer. I tried to be funny but I don't think they thought it was so funny. But really I am funny--who wouldn't think that I wasn't funny?







Both the boys were really musical so I tried to throw in their instruments everywhere I could. Everyone was very photogenic so that really helps.



I love when the lighting is just right and the family is so willing to try different things. I wonder what goes through their mind when I ask them to meet me in a stinky alleyway behind downtown and I want them to sit on my vintage couch. Everyone seems really willing to try just about anything.

This week I miss my friends I spent last weekend with. I wish we all lived closer! That is such not life though. Some of my favorite people I hardly ever get to see. Very hard!

FYI I am putting more of this family on my photography blog just in case anyone wants to go over and take a peek!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I'm gonna go take a peek, just so you know. But I can't leave a comment on your other website; haven't figured out how to, yet. Do I have to sign up or something? We all miss you, too, and we ALL think you're dang funny! Who could not think that?!

Anonymous said...

What? You're not cool? Since when? How could that happen? I think you might be mistaken.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I just love to read your blog. COngrats on the 1 diet coke for the day. I am with you all the way on those baby steps. I've got a few post baby pounds that I trying to shed. You photographs are so unique, love it. Again I am inspired.

Team Routt said...

You are so funny and cool. Look in the mirror and tell your self that every day! One step at a time baby!!! I miss you all so much too. I think I tried calling everyone like 10 times when we got home. Also, very cool pictures. can you fly down and take our holiday pictures?

Carianne said...

I miss you? Can't you just make a small trip to Cali to see me and take some pics? I would oh so love you..even more! LOL You are amazing my friend. Oh and did I say how I miss you?"

GustoBones said...

YOU ADDICT, hahahaha! Baby steps work well, now if I can just put down the chocolate! You really are funny, but I know what you mean about feeling old. I went ot my sister's high school musical(it was Les Mis) and Jean Valjean was A-mazing. After the performance he had moved me so much with his talent, that when my sis introduced us, I hugged him and so did my other "old" sister. He looked at us so strangely that afterwards we realized that to a high school kid we are like these ancient ladies. We just had to laugh.

Memzy said...

Sooo great! Cool locations. I saw your photo blog too. My fave is the one of the guitar.

Sarah said...

For me - Diet Coke was my "gateway drug". I realized that drinking it made me want junk. I would never think to order fries and a water. When I realized that both my blood and breastmilk were carbonated- I went off cold turkey. Best choice of my life. 50 pounds down - 50 more to go. You can do this.....you ARE doing this.