Monday, January 5, 2009

So long winter blues!

Well the blues are gone hopefully for good. I was able this year to change the way I think. Don't get me wrong I wrestled through plenty of ice cream. I am just trying to stay busy! My kids help a lot because they keep me busy. I have also been taking a lot of walks. So I have been trying to take the camera on the walks but chasing kids and a dog who likes to roll in poop (a whole long story) I try to capture what I am seeing. I have decided as long as I am outside that helps a lot. So we bundle up and go. Today it was just Jaden and I walking along paths through trees and it was the best time I have had in a long time. He is so fun to talk to and just talks about anything and everything.







I love that there are trails. It is through a lake and a forest and I just love it. Taking pictures is helping me appreciate so many little things that I never even considered beautiful!




There is never enough time in the day though. Because if I stroll through the grove laundry does not get done. But I would never change it. I am looking forward to so many things this coming year and one of them is just to spend time with the kids--I mean look at this face. I don't think that this is just a face only a mother could love--he is just lovable!!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have me go on those walks with you!!!

Barb said...

Where are you going for your walks? It looks beautifull! And Jaden is ADORABLE!

Becky Jean said...

Good for you! I love the picture of the field - I like to imagine myself on the edge in my wedding dress.... beautiful! Miss you tons.

GustoBones said...

He is adorable. I am glad that taking walks has been helping with the January doom and gloom. I am thinking about each good thing this year will bring to try to get through the gray!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your feeling better!!! You live in a gorgeous place maybe some day I'll get to visit. :)

Happy thoughts!!!

cathy said...

How I wish I could come on those walks with you. Keep that balance, screw the laundry.

Melissa said...

Fun! That boy could not be any cuter if he tried. Whatever happened to tanning. Tan - you'll love it. :)